HybridZ

Long Shot: Anyone Making/Selling New 240Z Dashes?

Guest TBroZ

I bought the front and rear strut bars from them for my 240. Good quality stuff. I haven't managed to get them in yet, but feel extremely solid. When we talked to PDK on the phone, they said the fiberglass dash was coming along. They weren't to sure on the carbon fiber. Maybe that has changed. The fiber glass one runs in the neighborhood of $400 I think. Good quality stuff though. Lots of good things will come from this company. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 240hybrid

check these guys out....their not brand NEW, but their originals without any noticable cracks at almost half the price the MSA and others offer NEW at. If they dont have what you want right now, give em about a week or so and they might have some different ones for sale that they just recieved. Try them out and good luck :wink: .

I've seen those...I like the idea, except be very weary of buying one. I know they're half the price of a new one, but if even if they're not cracked yet, they might crack in a year. I'd much rather pay $800 for a new dash I know will last > 10 years, vs. $400 for one that'll last 1, 2, 3, ? years.

If I remember the tentative pricing correctly, PDK Fabrication had the fiber glass somewhere between $450 and $650. The carbon fiber one was somewhere between $650 and $850. I think their biggest problem is poor website advertising. Very few people know about them. I was really looking forward to picking up a carbon fiber one. We should get a list going. I bet we could get them to seriously start working at it again. I'd even go for the fiber glass if they couldn't get the carbon one out. I guess the question is who's up to buy one?

hi guys,

I can answer a number of those questions, with a minimum order of 10 dashes we could make a limited run of dashes. As far as durability, fiberglass and carbon fiber will definately outlast a factory dash with NO maintenance. the difficulty is the mold...the first mold we used was dammaged after our last run. Because we got minimal response, we dropped the project. Information we recieved was that it was expensive and didn't have a glove box...If you are interested pony up your dollars and tell us "PDK" you are interested. I will push for making a run of dashes.

By the way PDK makes and sell really cool strutbars for Z cars too.

Ron

rc240@cox.net

I've got the strut bars. If the build quality is the same for the new dashes, I'm all for them. Hopefully, I will get the tranny up in my 240 this weekend, so I can try out my bars. They feel very solid, and the design in awesome.

I'm pretty sure we can get at least ten people to get a carbon or fiber glass dash. Like I said, if we can't find them here, I can put stuff up on zcar.com and zdriver.com. I'm definitely sure we could get a good response there.

So, the question is, who wants which dash? I'm in for the carbon as long as it's under $900 or so.

I'm interested to know who's got one. I've seen a far away picture of one, but I'm very curious about the texture and look of the surface...close up. Do they look funky, cheap, nice, killer? Anyone who can post a real close up picture of the surface...I'd be highly appreciative.

It's hard for me to justify spending big bucks like that without knowing exactly how it looks.

Terry

I believe they have something on their website: Click here. There should be a picture, but I don't know how detailed it is. I saw the fiber glass one at the car show, and it was a good looking piece. Any of you guys from PDK got any pics to post? Thanks for the response so far. We still need more people though.

Looking through their website a little further I found a few pics. Here's the carbon one dash1.jpg

Yeah, I've seen those. The photo quality isn't that good though, and too far away. And those pop-up ads are brutal! Come on guys...spring for the $10/month for a web host.

I'm also now curious to know the weight savings over the stock dash.

TK

the carbon dashes are much more difficult to make, but look "killer". If you have seen CF hoods, well they look like that. there are generally a few small flaws but they are minor.

The most difficult part of the CF dashes is that they are 6 to 7 pieces molded together. the shape of the factory dash is very difficult to reproduce. it will replace the dash and the metal trim bezel around the top of the dash.

They are a copy of a 70-73 dash. So if you have a 280 this could be a tricky install. the dash is designed as a RACE part, which means no heater vents, no glove box and aftermarket guages.

It weighs less than 5 lbs (factory dash is over 35 lbs) and installs to the factory locations.

10 prepaid orders and you will have a rare CF dash. I have a bunch of pictures at:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1820&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

w/o popup adds. I will talk to Mark this weekend...I am sure pricing will be $800 to $900 each.

Ron :D