HybridZ

Brad D's Laser cut hvac and gauge panel

The Infidel

It's off for me as well, but in a different way...

I just finished my panel and had to make some decent changes. I don't have heater controls, so I don't know about that fitment, but on my dash, the bottom of the template was almost 2/3 inch too narrow to fit cleanly.

I'll have pictures up of my work, and will show how it's different from the template I printed out. I ran it on 11x17 paper at 1:1 and everything else checked out measurement wise, but the bottom of the template had clear gaps when laid against my dash.

I definitely would suggest running it in cardboard and checking fitment for your application before paying to have it cut by someone.

Pics should be up around 10 tonight, as I'm at the "office" now.

Here's the pic of the template, with modifications to make it work... It was essentially just widened on the bottom and new lines drawn....

Gauges1.jpg

Here's with Most of the Gauges and the Boost Controller... Just Missing Fuel Gauge and Wideband... which what the other holes are for....

gauges.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

your panel is more rounded at the top then mine(then again mine is the 2 gauge panel not the 5), I'm gonna run another set maybe without the mounting holes, what did you do for the screw hole placement?

here's mine:

aa230165.jpg

Edited by Daphur280

What are you two doing about the vent ducting for the top air vent in the center console?

What about the map light?

I'm assuming he's not running a heater with what he stated earlier:

It's off for me as well, but in a different way...

I don't have heater controls, so I don't know about that fitment

As for me I am fabbing a "cap" for it so that it doesn't vent or reroute so that it vents to the floor, eventually I would like to go with a different heater system, possibly electronicly controlled? IDK, I'm not sure whats feasible as far as that, for now I'm just focusing on what I have.

As for the maplight, its removed, I'm going to be using a stronger overhead light thats 3-way switched.

Edited by Daphur280

• 1 month later...