HybridZ

Spoiler bonding

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A question similar to John Scott's post regarding how to bond on a spoiler. I want to bond on my MSA Bre spoiler. I am sure that a person could use resin and mat or "kitty hair" but that seems like alot of waste of time and material for what basicly amounts to a body seam. Are there any two part epoxys that will work?

Thanks, Jerry.

Guest Anonymous

Yes,a two part epoxy is the best way to go,you can get it anywhere they sell resins and body fillers.If you ask someone who works there they should tell you which epoxy is gonna be the best for your application.

Ther is a product that has been on the market for a while now that is a structural adhesive. Any good body shop nowadays uses this to repair newer car since weld the new steels is not an option anymore. This adhesive has a higher breaking point than 14 ga. steel. I have used this in the past to install new quarter panels and found it to be the sweetest thing since sugar. I think you should look into this as a serious option as it is also weather and rust resistant.

------------------

Drewz

Guest Anonymous

Can't help you with your question, but was wondering about where you got your spoiler. Do the have a web site, or can you supply the address?