HybridZ

Gents...check these coilover adapters out

Fellas,

Found on Yahoo Auctions Japan. Please focus your attention to the lower coilover weld-in adapter sleeves as they appear to be available separately...4 for about $170ish based on exchange rate. This comes from limited info I downloaded earlier. I looked their website over and could not find more detailed info, so I'm going to have my wife call. More to follow...*maybe*

348x264-2009090300001-7.jpg

For completeness, the whole set-up as shown will cost you about $870. From my really bad ability to read Kanji, I think a full set-up front/rears and springs will cost something like $2100. I have to say though that without knowing much more than this, I think it's hard to beat the setup from Arizona ZCar for $1600...

ordermade.jpg

chances are those sleeve threads only adapt to those coilovers or other specific coilovers. you might as well buy the AZC setup IMO.

also, they look like they're aluminum. or just really nicely polished steel :)

No, they're steel....as they have a picture of them welded to the strut. As I stated earlier, I agree that ultimately the AZC stuff is probably a better way to go...if not for just being cheaper in the long run.

I actually posted this in response to your S-13 adaptation and the remarks about the $500 adapter sleeves or the need to source the EMUSA or Megan front perches.

Obviously these present the same problem as all these kits (AZC included) in that there isn't a universal standard for coilover shock thread pitch and once you commit, you might have a hard time finding other shock options that fit. Like in your case, if the EMUSA shocks go to hell in a year or two, will you be able to source a different shock to fit your set-up?

R/

Dustin