HybridZ

$200 280z 2+2

My second Z-Car was purchased sometime late last year, and i feel i need to show it some love because it has been so neglected, i mean i dont even remember the month in which i bought it!

I took a few pictures from when i got it, but haven't had the chance to post them. The car was purchased from a craigslist ad, and just as my 200 dollar 240, it lacks a title.

Things have been holding me back on doing anything with it, such as a garage filled with my 21 year old-still living at home sister's stuff, 2 feet of snow, and newly discovered rodent nests in the glove box and mouse crap all over the floor. The snow has cleared and i hope to clear out the garage and break out the shop vac for some interior sanitation procedures. Along with the car came a seized up L-26 and a supposedly running L-28 that appears to be in good shape, neither of which are in the actual car.

Plans include a SBC swap and eventually to be plum crazy purple. But thats to be a long time from now. This will be my car to drive while i work on the 240, because i like 240's better and i want to spend more on it than this. And a whole lot less needs to be done here.

I havent really had a chance to check things out very closely, which is unfortunate, but managed these pictures.

When i get to doing anything, i'll update.

111109_1718[00]_thumb.jpg

111509_1227[00]_thumb.jpg

111509_1228[00]_thumb.jpg

hmmmm, looks iffy...

You better get one of those running so Im not the only L-series datsun up at Malstrom air force base for the races haha.

I would suggest parting it out and finding a more reliable vehicle as a secondary, take my word for it on this one, ask me how I know...

well as a 2+2, i see it as more of a cruiser, and i'll race it only until i have something else. and i really mostly got it because i wanted a 2+2 so i can drive more people around when i need to.

and how exactly do you know? i suspect something's broken?

You will come to find if you keep the 2+2 pretty much any interior parts from the front seats back are impossible to find, and some other things are pretty hard to find but if you really want it, you can make it cool but your gonna have to make some of your own parts eventually or find a few parts cars.

I love my 2+2 and can't wait to finish it but it sucks not being able to find certain parts. Anyways looks like a good deal though for 200 bucks plus two engines I paid 350 bucks for mine and mine didn't run. But make sure if you take any parts off keep them you will probably need them later. Good luck with the build and welcome to the site.

Also if your friends aren't midgets they most likely won't fit in the back seat its a pretty tight fit with stock front seats. I upgraded to 1990 Eclipse GS seats and they add some room and look almost stock. I would recommend only short trips in the back seat because you will have your knees embedded in your chest haha.

You will come to find if you keep the 2+2 pretty much any interior parts from the front seats back are impossible to find, and some other things are pretty hard to find but if you really want it, you can make it cool but your gonna have to make some of your own parts eventually or find a few parts cars.

I love my 2+2 and can't wait to finish it but it sucks not being able to find certain parts. Anyways looks like a good deal though for 200 bucks plus two engines I paid 350 bucks for mine and mine didn't run. But make sure if you take any parts off keep them you will probably need them later. Good luck with the build and welcome to the site.

Also if your friends aren't midgets they most likely won't fit in the back seat its a pretty tight fit with stock front seats. I upgraded to 1990 Eclipse GS seats and they add some room and look almost stock. I would recommend only short trips in the back seat because you will have your knees embedded in your chest haha.

The front seats of 2+2s are different? That sucks because the ones in there are pretty trashed. The backseat is however in great shape. It looks like its been folded down for the majority of the car's life or has been replaced before.

As for other parts, i haven't gotten to look yet. It had just cleared up the day i started this thread and was going to take some more pictures and stuff on Friday, but it decided to snow 8 inches overnight, so that didnt happen.

And I dont mind that the back seats are tight, its not like i'll be the one sitting back there. :flamedevi

Actually, believe it or not, being 5'10'', i love sitting in the back seats and believe they are very comfortable. My car has amazing back seats because they are very like new as well! I dont know about a car ride lasting more than an hour, cause that definately would probably cause some superior cramping. I remember driving some friends (car loaded with 5 instead of hard to fit 4!) and my seat was pushed near all the way to the front. Boy was that a drive for me. It was do-able, but not eager to do that again at all. Though was a fun car ride. Saying only midgets will only fit back there, is truly not the case if the driver can spare some room. They are comfortable back seats by far!

Haha well I am about 6 ft and I do agree the backseats are comfortable but I have long legs and I had to tuck them into my chest but otherwise yes they are nice. My back seat was also in good condition but I took the covering off because I am going to replace it to match my new seats and I also am putting two speakers down the middle section. Also if your car was outside make sure to check under the seat because mine was a bit rusty because water leaked in and got under the rear seat.