HybridZ

Universal Oil Catch Can Kit (Installed)

misterZ

For the non-fab guys & gals: I wanted to share this kit I bought off FleaBay in case anyone was interested (not a plug and I don't know the seller). I installed it today and it looks great! Comes with mounting bracket and useless (to me) colored hose, clamps and extra fittings--simply mount it, run your hoses and done--I'm happy with it!

picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=2209

Pictured is everything that comes in the kit.

picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=2207

Just about the only location I could find where it's unobstructed and non-intrusive.

picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=2208

As you can see it's quality work with a sight tube and brass drain plug in the bottom corner of the can. If interested, search eBay for 'Universal Catch Can' and you'll find it. I paid starting bid - $9.99 + $22.99 S/H (steep... but it does have a little weight to it :wink:).

Those look pretty but they are not very efficient. A catch can should be internally baffled, those are simply empty cans. You want a baffle between the inlet and outlet to facilitate condensation of the oil vapor.

Some folks install stainless steel wool in the can to act as a baffle as well as a media to collect the oil vapor condensate.

Look at this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=157979&highlight=catch

I bought my CNC anodized black aluminum catch can that is internally baffled for $110 plus $10 shipping from an Ebay vendor as well. They were a pleasure to do business with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-04-MUSTANG-V8-GT-BILLET-OIL-CATCH-CAN-BLACK_W0QQitemZ110483798531QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b958fa03