HybridZ

Ok i bought my 1978 280 about 3 months ago while i was test driving it i notices a knocking sound coming from the front right tire and suspension. I have yet to figure out whats making it do that. Im pretty new to suspension work. also the guy i bought it from said a spacer was removed to make the car sit lower. Yet again i have no idea what spacer he was talking about. If anyone could give me some advice on that i greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Sounds like he removed the rubber isolator from the top of the strut, ha ha! Not good. I would replace them and lower the car the proper way (if that is what you want). Read about the differences between isolator thicknesses and what you should replace it with.

Davy

Thanks for the replies. Here in the next few days im planning on taking out one of the front strut assemblies and seeing what is missing. Also gonna point out forgot to mention it did jack up the camber. Im hoping to get this problem fixed before i start driving it in a couple weeks. Oh and when i take the strut assembly out how much fun will it be to put it back in since i know the strut will be fully out. i really dont have enough money to buy replacements just yet. im hoping to fix the camber for know and eventually do a complete overhaul on the suspension.

Thanks.