HybridZ

new welder

rat_ranger

So I picked up a snap on/blue point 110 mig welder for $100. anyone have any experience with them? I have arc welded before but never mig so I didnt want to get anything to expensive to start with. Then moving around with the army I never know if I will have 220 so I have to stick with 110 for now.

So I picked up a snap on/blue point 110 mig welder for $100. anyone have any experience with them? I have arc welded before but never mig so I didnt want to get anything to expensive to start with. Then moving around with the army I never know if I will have 220 so I have to stick with 110 for now.

I haven't used that welder but that's a great price, used I am going to guess. I like mig a lot better than arc welding, you'll never want to arc weld again.

Yeah, it is used. I figured if it has any issues I will take it up to the motor pool when the snap on guy stops by and have him take a look for me. Mostly going to use it for sheet metal and some stuff maybe up to 1/8in. anything heavier and I will probably tack weld spots and take it to a pro until I really get good.