HybridZ

stroker fuel advice

steve260z

Using a p90 with Su carbs, sm needles,stage 2 schneider cam,header and exhaust. If I recall correctly the p90 will not accept a mechanical fuel pump. Either way what specific pump should I use? Currently have a 260 with the electronic and mechanical pump on the car.

SM needles should be just fine. A lot of folks have said they are too rich for a stock motor...but this wont be stock will it! SU carbs are great, simple, and they work just fine for a street driven 3.1L.

And as far as loud, I meant the fuel pump. Well the car itself is loud, I have a resonator and a supertrapp with no discs so thats my fault...its still pretty darn loud even at idle. Under acceleration I cant even hear the fuel pump :). My holley fuel pump is rubber mounted, but again, its still pretty loud. I'll be getting back under the car this spring to see if I cant quiet it down some more, but I doubt it. A lot of folks recommend the carter pumps for a quiet electrical fuel pump. I might go with one myself if the fuel pump noise keeps bugging me.

You could try a Walbro. I have the GSL394 190 LpH and at your low pressures for carbs it will have no problem keeping up at those power levels. Once the engine is running I can't hear it at all. It's mounted in front of the fuel tank where the factory pump would go. Get their mount kit which includes a foam rubber sleeve and straps to isolate the vibrations.