HybridZ

Front turn signals

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've decided to get one of Motorsport's front air dams for my 240. The one I've chosen requires turn signal relocation. I was wondering if anyone in the group had a source for a small signal lamp that would fit somewhere in the grill area.

Thanks, Jeff

------------------

'71 240

'91 TBI 305,700R4 w/ shift kit

Guest Anonymous

If its a light thats going to be frenched in (flush) you might try a look through some of the Harley mags or suppliers (http://www.j-pcycles.com) for the LED array strips they use on the back of wide Harley fenders, they're thin, extremely bright and look great flushed into a panel. Downside (as always) is they're about $72.00 apiece, the rod guys use em too, may be cheaper, but I donno, only thing more expensive than Harley parts is Rod parts (but cheaper than aviation and rocket parts! smile.gif )

If I misunderstood where you were putting the lights, consider this just me babbling, but they would look good on a Z airdam.

Regards,

Lone

• 1 month later...

I would think that if you were relocating to the grille area, nearly any signals you can find could be used! You'll have a small amount of customizing for the grille and a bracket goes, but it shouldn't be very hard at all. I believe 99% of turn signals are the same when it comes to the wiring end.

My advice is to search the local wreckers for something you like and go for it. (I'd take into consideration how easy it will be to find a replacement though) ie: don't use the ferrari ones, use the toyota ones.

------------------

"Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Gimme that which I desire"

-Metallica

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

http://members.home.net/drax77/newpage.html

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by AZ240V8:

I've decided to get one of Motorsport's front air dams for my 240. The one I've chosen requires turn signal relocation. I was wondering if anyone in the group had a source for a small signal lamp that would fit somewhere in the grill area.

Thanks, Jeff

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by AZ240V8:

Thanks, Jeff

I have a Motorsport air dam on my '77.I bought a set of brushed aluminum turn signals from WIRE-WORKS in Chester PA.They were $85.00 a pair.I made a set of brackets and mounted them below what you could call the bumper molded into the fiberglass.The companys web address is WIRE-WORKS.COM.Their phone number is (610)485-1937.If you'd like I'll e-mail pictures of mine to you.

Guest Anonymous

I got a set of 280 turn signals from the local wrecking yard, along with the 280 grill. It took a little grinding on my early 260, as well as drilling a couple of holes on each side to mount them- piece of cake!

You might want to take the wire connectors as well. Good luck!