HybridZ

Scoops to fit 280Z hood bulge?

Guest Jeff Rimmer

Guest Jeff Rimmer

I've noticed through different peoples pages that thye have scoops that fit perfectly on the bulge of our Z's. I was wondering if someone could direct me to a manufacturer of these scoops, or tell me if they were hand made?

I love the look of the integrated scoop on the center bulge!

In my case I bought a whole new glass hood for the SubtleZ. It took some work to put it on but I think in the end it'll be worth it from both a looks and cooling standpoint. It saved me 15lbs up front too smile.gif

hoodris2.jpg?OpenImageResource

http://216.254.117.47 for more pics - click on the photo gallery header - we need to do a little work smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited February 17, 2001).]

I wasn't thrilled with the side vents but he has no hood without them. (shrug) It certainly ought to vent the heat nicely! The vents weren't too expensive but I've seen NACA replacement ducts that might look better. If I can find those I'll at least try them down the road. I think several other places have been found that sell replacement hoods but I'm pretty happy with mine once it was fitted by the bodyshop - it took some work.