HybridZ

new to this forum and new to the z community

S30rb25

Its really your call. I did my suspension years ago but now I want to get coil overs. I went with toyota front calipar upgrade and that was not much $$. I would do what would take the longest 1st. But thats me

What were you thinking of doing?

The great thing about this project is I worked at a body shop as an aprentice for awhile and my dads been a bodyman and fabricator for pretty much ever. So all I really got to worry about is the motor and suspension/brakes and finding the parts

The r200 is not hard at all. Just get a r200 diff, haftshafts, and mustache bar and bushings. Or you could do the 300zx diff with the cv axles but that isn't hard. Remember it's just nuts and bolts. the wiring isn't hard at all. There is a sticky on this rb forum with step by step instructions. How much do they want to do the wiring conversion?

the 300zx rearend comes with a lsd you have to get this out of a 87 88 300zx turbo (I think) it comes with the 3.7 gear gatio and then you need to get the adapters from www.modern-motorsports.com. to bolt th cv shafts to your stub axles.

but that can get $$$$$$$$$$. You can get a r200 with a lsd for alot less. The r200 from a 280z is easier and cheaper. The cv hafts will hold up to more power than the 280z haftshafts but I have NEVER broken one on mine. Years ago I had a turbo toms set up on my z and was putting down alot of power and never had a problem with the stock haftshafts. I have a r200 with a nissan motorsports lsd and a 3.9 gear ratio and I don't plan on changing it in the future.

both the 300zx and the 280z diff is a long nose r200

q45 is a short nose r200 with a lsd and a 3.54 gear ratio. Your going to need a driveshaft anyways so you could use it but you will also need the adapters from www.modern-motorsports.com. to attach the cv shafts to your stub axles. I remember that we used a r200 out of a 300zx turbo and the output shafts out of a 280z's r200 and then you can use the stock 280z haftshafts. It's really how much you want to spend. You can make this project into a money pit fast. What do you plan do do with the car? Are you going to race it? or just have fun

mainly just have fun with it, maybe drag a few times, and in portland we have a very good road track i was planning on going to every once in awhile. i figure on spending around ten grand on this project and overtime it will probably go over that amount and im ok with that as well

Started working on the car today taking the bumpers off and the fender that has a rust hole found that the front frame rail has been severe corrosion so I'm going to have to replace that as well, can't wait to find the other little curve balls she is going to throw at me. Ordering the rb next month