HybridZ

Shaved Door Handles

Guest Zpeed

Has anyone done this before i have seen many other cars with this but not a z yet, i'd like to do it to my 240 but i don't want to do it if it won't look good. maybe i get some photo editing going, haha

thanks, Zpeed

There are at least 2 members that have shaved door handles--doors are actuated from the alarm remote or selenoid underneath the car. As for looks, it's awesome! Just depends on the amount of work you want to do. Many hot rodding shops and mail order places sell the kits to accomplish this.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

My 240Z sports shaved door handles, and I can assure you that the looks are well worth it if you have the money to convert it. It often amazes, and sometimes shocks, people for its rarity.

Mine sports two types of release mechanisms:

A remote release for primary use

A key release in case the remote fails. It works just like a door handle opening when I twist the key, but it's hard on the key itself.

Make sure, if you shave your handles, that you get strong, sturdy springs to kick your doors open when you release them. My springs broke, and now I'm forced to carefully, slowly pry the doors open when they release. Not too fun.

I hope this endeavor works well for you. Good luck!