HybridZ

Early 240Z bumpers compared to 73

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How difficult is it to replace my bumpers which are spaced away form the car with the bumpers that I see on earlier Zs. Mine aren't nearly as big as the late 74s, they just aren't as tight to the body as the 70 and 71s. If you know what I am talking about, help me out.

Guest scca

just replace your bumper brackets with early ones and remove all the trim off your bumper and bolt it back on...if your bumpers are decent.. or just buy early bumpers..

my car is a 75 but it looks like a70..

I have a 73 that I'm fitting a 70 bumper to. I changed the bumper brackets to the early ones and that works fine. But the little bracket/nut that's welded to the ends of the bumper don't line up with the holes in the fender or the headlight case in the indented area. The welded on nut lines up with the parting line between the fender and the headlight case. I think I can slot the holes in the middle brackets to move the bumper out a bit so that the nuts on the end line up with the holes in the headlight case.

On the early cars, do these brackets/nuts in the end bolt through the hole in the headlight case of the ones in the fender?