HybridZ

Turn Signals For MSA Front Dam on Early 240Z

Scottie-GNZ

I looked at the 280Z grille and did not want to get involved in trying that swap. The car is missing the 240Z turn signals, so I think I will just mod the 240Z grille slightly and find some aftermarket turn signals, like ones made for motorcycles.

That pic shows a 280Z but they are listed for 7-78 and says 70-74 require modification for turn signals. Just want to know what mods folks have done. I have seen them on 240Zs, just can't remember which members. One is a silver V8 with a low-profile hood scoop that has some mod done to put turn signals on the grille.

This is the car I am referring to.

5378940004_medium.jpg

This is Roostmonkey's car. I think he used some auto parts store universal amber lights for turn signals. They fit pretty good into the air dam ducts.

brads_240zt.jpg

Pete

Edited by z-ya

Scotty,

Auxilary used motorcycle turn signals for his airdam and they turned out great--flush with the curve of the unit:

aab.sized.jpg

As I recall, they were very cheap. Hope this helps. I think it is an elegant solution and the best one I have seen so far. I would have side markers match (yellow/yellow or clear/clear).

Davy

They're just cheap Lockhart Philips motorcycle turn signals, 3 wire (low/high/ground) setup and cost 20 bucks for the pair. I just used a 1 1/8 (I think that was it?) holesaw bit on the airdam, and these just screw on with plastic gland nut over the stalk, real simple and secure setup.

http://lockhartphillipsusa.x-shops.com/FLUSH-MOUNT-IV.html

You should be able to find tons of options there. I wound up picking up a set of amber ones to replace the clear ones (personal preference)

They're just cheap Lockhart Philips motorcycle turn signals, 3 wire (low/high/ground) setup and cost 20 bucks for the pair. I just used a 1 1/8 (I think that was it?) holesaw bit on the airdam, and these just screw on with plastic gland nut over the stalk, real simple and secure setup.

http://lockhartphillipsusa.x-shops.com/FLUSH-MOUNT-IV.html

You should be able to find tons of options there. I wound up picking up a set of amber ones to replace the clear ones (personal preference)

THANKS!!

Which one is that on your car, the large, dual filament?

yeah, the one I have mounted in hte picture is the dual filament clear one:

http://lockhartphillipsusa.x-shops.com/LP-USA-FLUSH-MOUNT-IV-TURN-SIGNAL-CLEAR-DUAL-FILAMENT-LARGE.html

that one specifically. since it's dual filament, it also doubles as a running light. Any local motorcycle chain store, like cycle gear, should have them. Or you can just order directly from LP

Edited by auxilary