HybridZ

280z fuel pump problem

jgone12

I replace pump and flush the tank and replace filter

Are you sure the pump is actually shutting off? Was it a new or rebuilt pump? Nissan or aftermarket? If the pump is really turning off, if might be overheating. Just because it is new doesn't mean it's good. I've had to replace 2 alternators and 3 starters within 6 months. All were new, but not Nissan parts. Just a thought.

Edited by leftover z

I've had to replace 2 alternators and 3 starters within 6 months. All were new, but not Nissan parts. Just a thought.

New.... or "Remanufactured" by the lowest bidder in a sweatshop factory that replaces failed components and forgets to check anything else for impending failure?

Go buy brushes and bearings and rebuild your own starters and alternators. Save 50 bucks, keep junk out of junkyards and know it is done right.

To the OP: It is probably your fuel pump relay that is the problem. Many of us have discovered that previous owners bypassed the fuel pump relay entirely and custom wired the fuel pump with a switched, fused 12V line. This is NOT a good idea.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=135748&highlight=efi+bible+step That should help you in your diagnosis.