HybridZ

Heater vent cables, annoying me in a MFW.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok Guru's, whats the easiest way to get the cables back on the mixer controls in the center of the dash in the '72 Z? I've got the panel out, its wired back up, so I go to slip on the cables and its driving me mad. Would I be better off removing the controls from the center dash panel hooking them up then try to screw the panel back on to the controls (although that would seem almost as tight). Any tricks here would be much appreciated, this really is pissing me off in a MFW.

TIA,

Lone

Agree with Pete! I darn near tore my hair out trying to pull that panel out. I finally took someone else's advice and disconnected them as a unit from the ends where the activate "stuff". It was MUCH easier this way - even working around the rollcage.

I then found out that all the stiffness I'd been experiencing was on the far end not the control end. I hope to never have to hook them back up and go Vintage but.... Wonder how long the heater core would last with 24lbs of pressure icon_smile.gif Boom!

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: BLKMGK ]

Took me a while to figure out what "MFW" meant. But, I got it now!

Lone, I ended up selling the Z before I put the cables and console back--so I can't help you. At least I know what "MFW" means, though! icon_biggrin.gif

David

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys.. I may end up disconnecting them at the other ends and then re-assembling it. I went to make a custom panel, but it got hot and the a/c is here so I ran out of time, maybe next evolution of the car when I have room to work on it.

Regards,

Lone