HybridZ

Frame rails and floor pans

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok guys...this Z is gonna make me a beggar...How much ya think it's gonna cost to replace frame rails and floor pans? 76 2 seater? Oh yeah, how much of a pain is this, not a very good welder, how much would it take to get it done for me?

Not sure how much a body shop would charge, but I am in the process of doing mine myself. I have the new floor pans in and started removing the frame rails last weekend.

This is a major job, but it has been a good learning experience so far. If this is your daily driver I would consider paying someone just because of the time consideration. My problem is just finding the time to work on the car.

I used the Zedd Findings floor pans and with a little massaging they fit well. I am building my own frame rails using 2.5" tube for added strength. Check out Pete Paraska's web site for great info on this and sub frame connector's.

Honestly, if you have any mechanical aptitude yourself, you are likely going to be much happier dropping the $350 for a wire feed welder, and doing it yourself. You'll save a lot of money, and know exactly what you have when you are done.