HybridZ

Datsun truck with an L6!!

Sane

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but after searching for hours, I have only HEARD that firewall cutting may be necessary or the L6 engine can possibly fit without the fan. I couldn't find any hard evidence on either suggestion, so maybe the hybridz guru's can shine some light on the issue. I really want to throw in an L28 MN47, because with past experience, this setup should be enough for my application. I'm planning on picking up a 520, 521 or 620 with the intentions of making it into a worktruck, for tools and to tow shells here and there. Anyway please fill me in!

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but after searching for hours, I have only HEARD that firewall cutting may be necessary or the L6 engine can possibly fit without the fan. I couldn't find any hard evidence on either suggestion, so maybe the hybridz guru's can shine some light on the issue. I really want to throw in an L28 MN47, because with past experience, this setup should be enough for my application. I'm planning on picking up a 520, 521 or 620 with the intentions of making it into a worktruck, for tools and to tow shells here and there. Anyway please fill me in!

Firewall cutting WILL be necessary and it willmake placement of the stock heater core assembly impossible in the stock location. It is major surgery cutting the firewall and then a new bellhousing tunnel will have to be fabricated, it is far from a simple bolt in. IMO placing a VG30 or using a Z24 engine with 5-6 psi of boost with a rear mount turbo would be a simpler and ultimately cheaper engine conversion.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15744-620-vg-conversion/

Firewall cutting WILL be necessary and it willmake placement of the stock heater core assembly impossible in the stock location. It is major surgery cutting the firewall and then a new bellhousing tunnel will have to be fabricated, it is far from a simple bolt in. IMO placing a VG30 or using a Z24 engine with 5-6 psi of boost with a rear mount turbo would be a simpler and ultimately cheaper engine conversion.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15744-620-vg-conversion/

I see, thanks for the suggestion, the swap looks mean, but i've actually got a lot of my Z spares lying around and want to put them to use. firewall cutting and tranny tunnel fabrication wouldn't be an issue, because i've got my own welder and I fabricate my own things, so i'm not too concerned about that. As for the heatercore, i'm actually just planning on running the truck without an HVAC system. It's just going to go from point A to point B with no plans of anything fancy. I appreciate your input, it will definately help a lot.