HybridZ

Zedd Findings floors and frame rails

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Silver,

The Zedd findings are reportedly very good replacements but why not fabricate them yourself and beef it up in the process? Many of the guys here have done it. Take a look at Pete Paraska's web page http://members.home.net/pparaska/index.htm

He shows his floor mods there. I plan on beefing up my frame rails in much the same way. Good luck.

Craig

I just finished putting in the Zedd Findings floor pans. This was my first attempt at a major metal work project and I'm pleased with the results. The quality of the pans was very good, but they required a bit of massaging to line up to the tunnel contours. If I had it to do over again I would not have gone up on the tunnel as far as I did. I would have cut the new pans instead of cutting the tunnel to match the pans.

I am currently fabricating my own frame rails, aka Pete Paraska's method using 2.5" tube. Good luck with it, just budget yourself plenty of time and patience.

Several good friends have used Charlies stuff and been quite satisfied with it, including Charles Sterling up in Renton a few hours north of you.

To strengthen any flat sheet metal piece just hammer it over a small solid bar/breaker bar to put the 'ridges' in it...stiffens parts incredibly WITHOUT adding mass. This was done on my new custom 280zx floors and I was quite impressed with the rigidity (same as corrugated cardboard principle/just not near as many ridges).

Guest Willieboy240z

I got 'em -- and they are nice. Very faithfull reproductions, down to the drain holes.

They came shipped in a bicycle packing box.