HybridZ

Will launch control work with LSx coils?

6sec 6cyl

Ok, so i know i've been harking around for some help with some coil spec's for a z32 coil with the ignitor. the information isn't being easy to find nor do i have the o-scope or really the budget to aquire one. So i'm beginning to think about the LSx series coils. Again the question pop's up can i still use launch control. But i'm gonna kinda give you some in site to what i'm working with and i'll let yall kinda give me the best choice to go off of.

Megasquirt v3.57

L28 with stock bottom end

1mm MLS head gasket

Custom intake with 2 sets of mustang svo #38 fuel injectors (in the works)

Precision t3/t4 turbo

350 turbo transmission with transbrake (reason for launch control)

This is some of the things that are done to this vehicle and as you can see this z isn't going to see the street much but the strip it will see on a constant basis.

Thanks in advance for any inputs on this,

James

As long as you have a launch control input mod added, it'll work with any coil that doesn't have a mind of its own and keep firing if you cut the signal. The only systems that fall into this category are Ford's TFI and EDIS, and Toyota's VAST. LSx coils are just fine.

As long as you have a launch control input mod added, it'll work with any coil that doesn't have a mind of its own and keep firing if you cut the signal. The only systems that fall into this category are Ford's TFI and EDIS, and Toyota's VAST. LSx coils are just fine.

Thank you so very much Matt! I've been searching for this answer for a while