HybridZ

1st yr of v-6 in a z???

blue 72 i know the l series are either a 4 or 6 cylinder as i have a 78 280 with the l28. I guess a better question would be when did nissan go from the inline 6 to a v-6 in the z cars"? i know there was never a facvtory v-6 from 70-78 at the least5 LOL

oops two80z the motor im looking at on craiglist is in denver guy got it on e-bay a few yreas ago but never put it on anything. Im thinking its the v-6 and im not sure that would bolt up to my tranny thats why i wanna find a l28 turbo motor much easier to go in my 78

oops two80z the motor im looking at on craiglist is in denver guy got it on e-bay a few yreas ago but never put it on anything. Im thinking its the v-6 and im not sure that would bolt up to my tranny thats why i wanna find a l28 turbo motor much easier to go in my 78

anything newer than a 280zx motor will not bolt in to the 280.

If you really want to do a swap, buy an Rb20det from ebay, you use the same driveshaft, same motor mounts with a little bit of grinding and almost the same tranny mounts. very easy swap and you stay in the L6 family. not to mention turbo, or you can just go with an l28et, try the classifieds here on hybrid, i found quite a few.

I would never suggest an RB20. They're all so old and beat down at this point. To get a reliable one, it would need serious work. If you're spending that kind of money, go for the RB25. Tons more power. :D

I did find an 280zx l28 rurbo motor thats in f-ing alaska LO)L. Its a complete motor with about 130K on it. the wiring harness was cut at the dizzy. Shipping will kill me and so might that harness being cut. Im going down to cali in a few weeks maybey ill get lucky at a pick ur parts place and fine one there.

These cars get picked to pieces in SoCal. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting to find a turbo motor. That would be the first thing out of the pick-ur-parts place.

Keep searching craigslist and any other classifieds you can find.

Where is your location, anyway? You don't have one in your profile that I can see.

he is in belgrade Montana, where i just moved from.

I called a pick and pull in Spokane and they had 2 new 280zxts and they both had motors, he didnt know the condition though.

He also had a smashed 350z with an intact drivetrain he wanted to get rid of for 2k.