HybridZ

RB26: Best place for oil press/temp with aftermarket gauges?

TurboSE

I'm trying to determine the best places for my oil pressure and oil temp senders on my RB26. I am using the Grex cooler plate below and I am figuring to place the temp sender on the "out" side. Can I "tee" into this side and get pressure as well or is there a better location? Senders are 1/8NPT with 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 adapters. The Grex plugs are M18x1.5.

22432460044_large.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

why don't you use the stock oil pressure sending unit hole in the block. That's what I did with mine. As for the oil temp I would put it in the line to the oil cooler or in the pan.

Edited by pat1

why don't you use the stock oil pressure sending unit hole in the block. That's what I did with mine. As for the oil temp I would put it in the line to the oil cooler or in the pan.

Maybe I'm missing something, isn't the pressure unit in the OEM cooler? the temp will essentially be in the line to the cooler from the filter.

I drilled and tapped for the pressure sensor in my oil filter adapter (on top), and used a port already there for the temp sensor (bottom right).

th_33915072069.jpg

nice set-up...so there's no problem with taking pressure coming out of the filter?

When I purchased my RB26, it came with an additional temp and oil pressure xmitter adapter plate installed between the oil filter and the mount. Looks like somebody else thought it was a good enough place to take temp and pressure.

3-21-09008-1.jpg

When I purchased my RB26, it came with an additional temp and oil pressure xmitter adapter plate installed between the oil filter and the mount. Looks like somebody else thought it was a good enough place to take temp and pressure.

3-21-09008-1.jpg

Good deal, looks like a "tee" it is!