HybridZ

Oil output setup - Can somebody help me?

jacob80

Hey guys,

In basic terms, here is what I am looking to end up with:

oilsenders.png

Basically, I need somebody that knows the threading between all of these connections and what adapter and fitting I will need. The -4 AN feed line will be using the stock oil feed line. Is there any kind of restrictor piece in there that can be drilled out? I will be running a big turbo, so oil supply will need to be increased, most likely. This is a 1982 L28ET. Thanks!

Hey guys,

In basic terms, here is what I am looking to end up with:

oilsenders.png

Basically, I need somebody that knows the threading between all of these connections and what adapter and fitting I will need. The -4 AN feed line will be using the stock oil feed line. Is there any kind of restrictor piece in there that can be drilled out? I will be running a big turbo, so oil supply will need to be increased, most likely. This is a 1982 L28ET. Thanks!

Why are you assuming that you need more oil flow? I wouldn't drill anything out. You just need to buy the right adapter fitting. I think it is a 12mm inverted flare to -4AN male. Why run two oil pressure gauges? The stock one will do the trick.

Pete

Why are you assuming that you need more oil flow? I wouldn't drill anything out. You just need to buy the right adapter fitting. I think it is a 12mm inverted flare to -4AN male. Why run two oil pressure gauges? The stock one will do the trick.

Pete

Well I want to run both gauges, just for assurance. I've had problems with the one in my '73 reading absolute zero when I know its not. Does a bigger turbo not demand a higher oil flow? Also, I've found a lot of these adapter fitting on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-AN-1-4-NPT-90-Elbow-Flare-to-Pipe-Adapter-Black_W0QQitemZ300320146138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Car_Parts?hash=item45ec79c2da#ht_663wt_922

It looks like they're going by thread measure opposed to something like 12mm. Perhaps you could link me to the appropriate fitting? Thanks again!

Edited by jacob80

Does a bigger turbo not demand a higher oil flow? Also, I've found a lot of these adapter fitting on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-AN-1-4-NPT-90-Elbow-Flare-to-Pipe-Adapter-Black_W0QQitemZ300320146138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Car_Parts?hash=item45ec79c2da#ht_663wt_922

It looks like they're going by thread measure opposed to something like 12mm. Perhaps you could link me to the appropriate fitting? Thanks again!

Usually you'll want to limit the amount of oil going to the turbo to keep from blowing oil past the seals. The fitting that you linked is WAY too big. -3 is common, and -4 is okay if you run a restrictor or have a long run to the turbo. Here's a link to a commonly used restrictor (it's the one that I use with my GT4294R):

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-OIL-022&Category_Code=GRT

Edited by TimZ