HybridZ

240z struts in a 280z?

I have a question... A buddy has a brand new pair of Tokico Illumina's (BZ3015) for the front of a 240z that he got for next to nothing. He was asking me yesterday if I could install them in the rear of his '78 280z. I know I would need to section out about 3" the strut tube for him (no biggie), but would the strut/tube diameter difference (about 1/16" on each side) cause any problems?

Thanks guys!!

Edited by Cable

I have a question... A buddy has a brand new pair of Tokico Illumina's (BZ3015) for the front of a 240z that he got for next to nothing. He was asking me yesterday if I could install them in the rear of his '78 280z. I know I would need to section out about 3" the strut tube for him (no biggie), but would the strut/tube diameter difference (about 1/16" on each side) cause any problems?

Thanks guys!!

No need to section...just make a spacer...and btw..tokico no longer makes the rear struts, all they do is put a spacer on it and change the part number

No need to section...just make a spacer...and btw..tokico no longer makes the rear struts, all they do is put a spacer on it and change the part number

That's good to know.

But what about the diameter?

Thanks!!