HybridZ

pricing on undercarriage work....

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

so if i were to have a body shop completely redo the pans and the rails and anything else that's rustd out underneath the car, and maybe put some of those crossmember things in, how much would that cost? thanks.

Fifteen years ago, I had one frame rail replaced, and one side of the floorpan patched up. He did an excellent job, and charged me $750. I'd guess you'd be talking about at least a cool grand to do what you're talking about. Heck, take it into the body shop and see what they say. What do you have to lose?

I'd agree with RPMS.....some will be willing to quote on a particular job - others will only work for an hourly flat rate. The difference is usually based on how busy the shop is or the quality of the repair.

If you get a shop to quote on a job, be sure to get it in writing and spec out in detail what you want so that there are no questions about your expectations!..and their fee $$

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: aviatorx ]