HybridZ

L28et- what is this hose for?

i have attached pics.

This hose connects to the block under the manifold and cylinder1. (the hose looks almost like sparkplug wire 6) It's actually directly below the thermostat.

This hose comes off easily with barely a pull, but there is nothing to secure it into the engine as it retty much just loosely plugs into it. No threading.

Any advise on its function and how I should secure it would be great. I THINK in high load, oil sprays out since its so loose.

post-4560-12706848646223_thumb.jpg

post-4560-12706849300214_thumb.jpg

post-4560-12706850168256_thumb.jpg

That connects to the bottom of your intake manifold there is a little valve about in the middle of the intake if you feel under it you will find it. Also that should be secured to the block but I don't know how you would go about doing that. I'm also not sure on the exact purpose I know it would be in the FSM I know it has something to do with the Crankcase ventilation but don't quote me on that.

BTW, just in case you weren't sure PVC = Positive Crank Case Ventilation. Google it, learn about it.

As for the tube, it's an interference fit. Just lightly tap it back into the block with a hammer (not like you're trying to put a nail into a board) enough so that you can't pull it out by hand. Make sure it's pointing in the right direction first though.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have a question about this. I tried the lightly hammering it in but will not stay, It might just be too old. I can either replace it and the valve, or use high temp adhesive to glue it on to the crankcase. However, I notice that alot of oil is spraying out of the hose under boost/ high load from where the crankcase is. Since it connects to the intake manifold will the oil that gets carried with the blowby cause the burning oil issue(smoking esp when accelerating in 1st n 2nd gear) that I've been having? or is it just oil that has already leaked into the cylinders and unburnt oil leak out with the blowby?

i've read about alternative ways to vent the crankcase, any suggestions? my valve cover has a filter vent that should balance pressure vented from the pcv right?

Edited by thewaiverproject

I would put electrical tape so it would sill. It's not going anywhere. there is a baffle plate inside the block so oil will not spray out. If it sprayed out it would go into the intake manifold. a little comes out, but not that much. the PVC is for emissions. if emissions are not important where you are get rid of it. put a bolt where the PVC was and put filters on the valve cover and that hole you found.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/CP/10-2093

or you can get one of these. They are dyno proven to make more power.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-Oil-Catch-Tank-Can-PURPLE-88-00-CIVIC-INTEGRA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3eff021e24QQitemZ270566301220QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Edited by Ruiz Racing

I would put electrical tape so it would sill. It's not going anywhere. there is a baffle plate inside the block so oil will not spray out. If it sprayed out it would go into the intake manifold. a little comes out, but not that much. the PVC is for emissions. if emissions are not important where you are get rid of it. put a bolt where the PVC was and put filters on the valve cover and that hole you found.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/CP/10-2093

or you can get one of these. They are dyno proven to make more power.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-Oil-Catch-Tank-Can-PURPLE-88-00-CIVIC-INTEGRA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3eff021e24QQitemZ270566301220QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

so for the catch oil can, i just run that between the pcv crankcase hole and the pcv valve? it doesnt recirc the oil back to the oil line right. also will the electrical tape withstand the heat of the crankcase?

Edited by thewaiverproject

so for the catch oil can, i just run that between the pcv crankcase hole and the pcv valve? it doesnt recirc the oil back to the oil line right. also will the electrical tape withstand the heat of the crankcase?

Think of the tape as like a gasket. It can handle the heat. It is the easiest and cheapest fix to get you down the road.

if you want to use the oil catch can, it goes from your valve cover to PVC hole on the block. Take your PVC valve to Ace and get a bolt with the same thread size to plug the hole. You will also have to plug the hole on your intake from the hose that goes to your valve cover.

It is a can that catches oil. You have to empty it.

Read this...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754710