HybridZ

Stubborn drivetrain bolts! >:(

jacob80

Hey fellas,

Well, I've hit a snag. :fmad: I'm in the process of installing a CLSD R200, Z31 turbo CV shafts, and 27 spline 280z stub axles.

Problem 1

I have removed the strut housing from the car and need to remove the stock 240z stub axles to install the 280z stub axles, but of course, they're torqued very high and I'm not sure how to approach breaking them loose. I also thought I read somewhere that the nuts are staked in, correct me if I'm wrong. Just need a walkthrough here.

Problem 2

I am also having another issue with the bolts securing the ring gear to the clutch housing of the LSD. I have the LSD unit removed from the differential housing and I have hammered on them with my impact gun with no success. What is the next step here? I would use heat, but I'm not sure if it would potentially warp the ring gear or something of that nature. What are these bolts torqued to? Do I need to use loctite when reinstalling them?

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks! :2thumbs:

Okay fellas, I got the bolts off the ring gear, I guess my impact gun decided to kick it in gear and show somebody whats up. Anyways, I've been trying to break my stub axles nuts free with the strut housings off the car (which isn't recommended), so I think I'm going to install the strut housing on the car, bolt up the wheels and lower it on the ground and use a long breaker bar and hopefully it works. How much success have you guys had with this method? Should I expect them to break free? Thanks for your help!