HybridZ

Rear LCA pivot bolt

i did a little searching and couldnt find anything relating to this. the pivot bolt (as my fsm calls it) holding the RCA to the hub will not budge! i've wacked it with every hammer i could find and soaked it with liquid wrench, and yes i did remove the locking bolt. the fsm says to simply pull it out, yeah right. what has everyone else tried to remove it? i was thinking about using a hydraulic press at work but i'm not sure if that work as its already starting to mushroom, and i dont want to damage it anymore. i wont be using it again though.

Search for "spindle pin removal" :)

Best of luck!

Once you've replaced your spindle pins you know you're dedicated to your Z!

I have one at home that I ended up having to take to the machine shop to have removed after much beating, and soaking in various lubricants and penetrating oils. I was told it would only take a few minutes, so I decided to wait while I had a chance to cut in that good ole machine shop line, only to have my rear hub returned to me 3 minutes later and the machinist telling me to look for a shop with a press capable of more than 20 tons of force :lmao:

Search for "spindle pin removal" :)

Best of luck!

Once you've replaced your spindle pins you know you're dedicated to your Z!

I have one at home that I ended up having to take to the machine shop to have removed after much beating, and soaking in various lubricants and penetrating oils. I was told it would only take a few minutes, so I decided to wait while I had a chance to cut in that good ole machine shop line, only to have my rear hub returned to me 3 minutes later and the machinist telling me to look for a shop with a press capable of more than 20 tons of force :lmao:

ah, i learned the spindle pins were the part the front hub slides over and bolts to. that explains why i couldnt find anything about rear pivot bolts. thanks.

I used a smaller bolt on one end and started banging at it with a huge hammer. Did that for several minutes then switched ends. Then I use a screw driver that you don't really care about and bang away, it'll pop out pretty easy. You'll have to replace the spindle pins though :lol:

i mushroomed the crap out of mine that way. i looked at the press at work, and its a 25 ton so i'll be using that tomorrow! hope it can do the job!