HybridZ

looking for a 77 s30 MAF

t70 surpa

just got my s30 fired up today and im looking to buy a Maf asap

Hey guy, I have a brand spanking new one i ordered for my 75. I beleive they are the same p/n. If you want it pm me and make an offer. I had it in my car for about a week b4 I junked the car. I ordered it from autozone here in washington state. Pm me with your info and I can send you a pic!

Hey guy, I have a brand spanking new one i ordered for my 75. I beleive they are the same p/n. If you want it pm me and make an offer. I had it in my car for about a week b4 I junked the car. I ordered it from autozone here in washington state. Pm me with your info and I can send you a pic!

Ndurence_auto_salon@yahoo.com

• Administrators

First factory installed MAF in the Z car was the '84 300-ZX with the VG30E V-6.

I am pretty sure you are asking for an Air Flow Meter, AFM, as picture below, sort of similar in function to the MAF but actually a totally different device. MAF's and AFM's are totally incompatible and not interchangeable physically or in terminology. :unsure:

'77 cars have the fuel pump safety switch built into the AFM, '78 and newer AFM's, the fuel pump switch was deleted, so be sure the AFM you get has the fuel pump switch in it or your fuel pump wont turn on. Also, the AFM from the Datsun 810/Maxima will physically fit, but its calibration is different, (for a 2.4L vs the 2.8L) which leads to flat spots/surging, etc through the rev range, so don't use one of those.

Hope that helps.

Air Flow Meter; courtesy of www.4x4wire.com

1.jpg