HybridZ

How to remove this thing?

Iron Dragon

Can't help you with the Hyperlink thing. The wing thing comes off by removing the spot welds. There has been some discussion here about the best way to do that, check the search function. I used a spot weld tool. It looks like a tiny (5/16") hole saw with a spring loaded awl point in the middle. About $15 and your local auto paint store. Just chuck it up in your VERIABLE SPEED drill motor. It worked great for me. Others have griped that they are hard to use. They're just weenies. icon_razz.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Juday:

I used a spot weld tool...It worked great for me. Others have griped that they are hard to use. They're just weenies.
icon_razz.gif

As a card carrying Weenie in good standing, I take great umbrage at your remark, sir! I'll have you know that Weenies were present at most (if not all) great historic events, such as the Battle of Trafalger, the Alamo, and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Ben Franklin was, in fact, one of the Founding Weenies, and his picture is watermarked into my WOA (Weenies of America) card.

So stand up, fellow Weenies! Don't stand for treatment like this! Cast off your oppressive horn rim glasses, your pocket protectors, and your HP calculators! Pick up that spot weld tool and learn how to use it - you'll be glad you did! icon_smile.gif

Yours truly,

Scott Ferguson

Weenies of America Local 219

quote:

Originally posted by RPMS:

So stand up, fellow Weenies! Don't stand for treatment like this! Cast off your oppressive horn rim glasses, your pocket protectors, and your HP calculators! Pick up that spot weld tool and learn how to use it - you'll be glad you did!
icon_smile.gif

Hey, I'm not giving up my HP RPN calculators - Never. BTW, I love it when some not-so-weenine engineer at work asks to borrow my calculator, looks at it for a while, and then asks where the "equals" button is! Hah! That's a non-weenie test if I ever saw one!

I'm a card carrying Weenie, I guess icon_rolleyes.gif ,

Pete

Guest Anonymous

Hmm, I'm guess I'm a non-weenie, if the calculater has more than + - * then I'm screwed.. icon_wink.gif Now if theres a better more high tech version of the Elmo talking calculator, then I'm all ears. icon_biggrin.gif

Non Weenily,

Lone

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]