HybridZ

share some paint pics, also need paint advice..non z

bobbyc

i recently picked up a wrecked 1997 4runner, it was a front end collision and was written off as a total loss, still with clean title, the price was right...it's comin together now and i started painting. the color is anthracite metallic....i'm not blending into the front doors, i can tell the shade dif at the door but not something prob 90% of the people out there would pick up. it's a sherwin williams paint, sprayed with the a cheap $15 harbor freight gun...it turned out really well...i was pleasantly surprised. pics are before any wet sanding and buffing.

b1d90bf4.jpg

1b3732d5.jpg

97071fc7.jpg

i do need some advice though. i'm gonna paint the hood, and like all modern hoods, the underneath has all the support. it seems that it would be difficult to prime and sand, and areas just under the support edge would get that rough texture from the primer where the mist would just stick. this in return would make the paint rough...i was debating on whether to prime or just spray and clear...but was worried about adhesion without primer. the last option is just to have a nice tape line around the edge and leave the middle area black. and advice?

Edited by Bobby C.