HybridZ

Options....with questions

Zlyfe

Hi All,

I have a couple options, and would like to ask a few questions...

I came across two '82 280zxt's, and one of them is an auto with 82K miles running and driving. The other has 244K miles 5speed model, spun over once, and after that it didn't turn over again(has power, starter doesn't turn over) I would like to know is, would it be possible to bolt up my '77 4 speed transmission to the l28et? Which would you buy if you had the choice? A)Running and driving Auto l28et with 82K miles or B)Not running and driving 5 speed l28et with 244K miles. They're $750 each. I'm just buying them for the engines and accessories, then going to part them out. The engine will probably be stock for awhile, But I'm going to put a FMIC with greddy type S BOV on, and a 3in exhaust and be done. Sorry for rambling like I am.

Any/All help is cool.

Thanks a lot.

Austin

the 4 speed should mate up to the l28et. And without a doubt I would go after the automatic one, running and driving well will solve allllll kinds of problems down the road, plus I know these engines go forever but 244k is alot. 82k and it just getting broken in. Another thing is once you get sick of the dumb automatic its really quite easy to swap in a manual transmission, done and covered many times.

Good luck and great find on zxt's.

P.S. you should just come up with the money for both B)

I was actually going to swap out the l28et from the auto into the '77 280z with the 4speed tranny. Then figure something out with the 280zx, probably part it out, and get some of my money back.. I would buy both, but no room to store two of them...The Auto l28et harness and ecu will work with the 4speed 280z....right? lol