HybridZ

VR engineering 280YZ flares....

Guest Justin

I bought the rears. I'm using the SubtleZ fronts. Be advised that the molds were lifted right off the original car. They were designed for a racecar, hence no headlight provisions, and show car quality was not the main goal. They are a little rough and require block sanding to obtain an acceptable surface quality. You can see the DZUS fittings and lines in the gelcoat from the stripes on the original car. Having said that, I found their shape absolutely gorgeous. I tried to find a way to graft the stock headlight buckets into the YZ fronts but there was no way. They are a different shape altogether. The SubtleZ kit has much better surface quality and detail. The YZ's will require more work but I think they're worth it. Both kits have the advantage of coming from John Washington, great guy.

called on them yesterday, he's sending me a catalog out so I can get a better idea... I didn't realize they didn't have any provisions for headlights.

Do any of you guys know of any front fenders similar to the 280YZ's, but with headlights?

Dan, you have any pics of your car with the subtle Z fronts on it that you could post or e-mail me? I'm curious what they'd look like with the 280YZ rears.

thanks,

Justin

Guest LoFlyingZ

I bought that whole kit. The quality is really good. Sure they're rough, but I am doing a lot of modification to it anyway. Pop up, headlights, different grill, wheel well vents, and so on. He also offered me an intermediate weight lay-up too, which was really nice. Heavier than the really light-weight race thickness and lighter than the full-blown street thickness.

Of course that has been put on the back burner until I get the tube frame and cage done and the body mounted up. icon_rolleyes.gif

I should have gone a little less overboard! twak.gif