HybridZ

Too many wheel weights?

Yesterday, I finally got some tires installed on the RotaRBR’s I bought last year. The tires are Hankook Ventus V12 Evo’s. I’m storing them in my girlfriends parents garage for a few days, and when I was dropping them off, I noticed that one wheel has what seems to me like an excessive amount of weight on it. I was in a hurry, and I didn’t count the total number, but what I noticed is that there were two strips side by side stacked two deep! I’m guessing it was at least 5oz.

I’ve never seen that much weight in one spot on a rim before, and these are brand new rims and tires. They were balanced on a Hunter road force balancer. But perhaps it’s nothing to worry about? Does anybody here have any experience to know what’s considered “acceptableâ€and what is too much?

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Edited by Nigel

I'm with Mark on this as well. I required no weights on two of my wheels when I did my current set of wheels/tires (installers took their time to find the closest natural balance...they said. But I have had zero balance issues), but I have used good tires on another set of quality wheels, and needed lots of weights. If it is just the one wheel, then I say have it redone. It is not like you are going to be pulling these tires off again anytime soon, so take the time.

Looking forward to seem them on the car!

Scott.