HybridZ

sounds like afm but everything tests ok???

stprasinz

my friend just put an rb20det into his 240sx (yeah its not a z but you guys on this forum know your shtuff) ok starts and idles fine and sorta tries to rev, but at about 2000 seems to hit a fuel cut.. it is an n62 afm ? is that the problem? thing is if i take a peice of cardboard and cut a 2 inch hole in it and cover the meter directing air over the sensor it revs fine??? I don't know what the test i did proves other than the ecu can sorta read the meter and the meter can kinda send signal to the ecu.... I tried full power to his fuel pump ( walboro 255 blah blah blah) also tried pinching the return line(NO GAUGE) no change.... Im kinda lost here.... tried a few things including cleaning afm.... please help... the n60 maf from the swap doesn't work at all... is it wired differently?

is the pcm tuned for a n62 airflow meter? A rb20det comes with a j60 airflow meter. It will not run correctly if the pcm is not tuned for the n62 airflow meter. Grab a j60 airflow meter and try it.