HybridZ

TURBO SETUP

The compressor maps of a .70A/R with .81A/R shows that are more efficient. With this you will have more volume of air so you may need to adjust your air/fuel mixture to an optimum setting. Also you will gain extra power.***Guaynabo***

This is a pointless conversation, So far, everything said in this thread is completely irrelevant. Nobody can comment on what housing is better without knowing what wheels are inside it. Are we taking t25 or gt4788? For example, I have 2 turbo's right here next to me, one has a .60 a/r compressor housing, one has a .50 a/r housing, which can make more power?..............The one with the .50 housing will, it's a t3/t04b v1/v2 trim, the other is a stock 300zx t3.

To make this a relevant and non-pointless conversation, you need to tell us what wheels(compressor and turbine), what engine, compression, cam, intake, fuel system, exhaust, goals for the car. etc. Only then can someone give you a meaningful answer.

Edited by letitsnow

I brought the car with that set-up.So that would mean, i`ll have to take the turbo apart to know what wheel size i have in my A/R .60 housing? I was just wondering if it was a good set-up. thanks for the info.

CIMG1292.jpg

It's really hard to say yes or no without that, the real question is, Is it doing what you want it to?

If I assume it's a reasonably sized compressor wheel(50 trim, v1/v2, or similar) and that it's got a stage 3 t3 wheel(which is pretty common) then it'll probably be a pretty good setup for drag racing and make high 300's-low400's when pushed. If it's got a stock t3 exhaust wheel then it might work alright for some track days or drag racing, and make mid-high 300's when pushed.

Without taking it apart everything is just a guess, but if it's doing everything you want it to, why bother? If it isn't what you want, then tear into it.

Do you have a picture of the turbos compressor/turbine wheels? That would help a little.

To make this a relevant and non-pointless conversation, you need to tell us what wheels(compressor and turbine), what engine, compression, cam, intake, fuel system, exhaust, goals for the car. etc. Only then can someone give you a meaningful answer.

+1 for this paragraph.