HybridZ

Engine ID

I now know that the turbo motor in the 83 i just bought is not the orig motor at least i dont think it is. the vin is JN1HZ04S5DX562626 and the head is a N42 engine id on the pas side of the block is L28 104455. The h in the vin i think means non turo car where a c would mean turbo. Any help with finding out what motor i do have.

The h in the vin i think means non turo car where a c would mean turbo. Any help with finding out what motor i do have.

When I ID a motor/car I just look it up in one of my handy books or check out these site

Black Dragon - Page 7-8 if it does not go directly

and for the engine I just do a search at this site and zcar.com and this is what I find.

zcar.com motor ID

Your car sounds to me like a n/a because of the H and the engine from before 81 due to the n42. Someone might be able to ID it better by using the numbers you listed.

What blck do or should i have with the N42 head? Its got the stock turbo on it but since the cars vin says its an na car i dont know im a lil confused/pissed/ arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggg. More numbers from a id plate on the pas side firewall.

KHLS130JAUBC1Y L3N71B RB35. Ijust need help in finding out what ive got. Number that are on the ECU dirvers side by your feet are its a yellow laber A18-602-045 with 3202 below that.

Im thinking its a F54 block but dont know where the stamping of that would be on the block.

The N42 head didn't come on the 83 so that has been swapped and most likely someone swapped a turbo engine into your car. the stamping on the block to tell if it is a N42 or F54 is near the left engine mount. I'm also confused why your so interested if it has been swapped, is there some reason?

The N42 head didn't come on the 83 so that has been swapped and most likely someone swapped a turbo engine into your car. the stamping on the block to tell if it is a N42 or F54 is near the left engine mount. I'm also confused why your so interested if it has been swapped, is there some reason?

I am interested because i bout the car thinking it was a turbo car with the intentions of getting running first and then swapping it into my 78 2880Z. I expected to have to do some work just trying to figure out if its gonna be way more than i thought. Were the N42 blocks and heads that were built as a turbo motor? The ecu in it may not even be a turbo ecu if so maybey go strait to a MS system. Just lost of questions popping up.

I am interested because i bout the car thinking it was a turbo car with the intentions of getting running first and then swapping it into my 78 2880Z. I expected to have to do some work just trying to figure out if its gonna be way more than i thought. Were the N42 blocks and heads that were built as a turbo motor? The ecu in it may not even be a turbo ecu if so maybey go strait to a MS system. Just lost of questions popping up.

Did you find out from the previous owner if the car was running before in its current state? That would have answered your computer issue and a lot of other questions. The reason they would swap different heads on could be for lots of reasons such as different CRs. I think you should do some searching about Turbo engines most of what you want to know has been covered.

Did you find out from the previous owner if the car was running before in its current state? That would have answered your computer issue and a lot of other questions. The reason they would swap different heads on could be for lots of reasons such as different CRs. I think you should do some searching about Turbo engines most of what you want to know has been covered.

Ill try asking the guy i bought it from, but the reason he had the car was because he owns a tow yard and was asked to tow the car from a shop because the previous owner had what looks like the motor rebuilt all gaskets etc look new like the engine has never been run or run very little. He was asked to tow it because the ownwer didnt have the money to pay for the work and jst abandoned it