HybridZ

Wont shift into gear!!!!

Justyn

hello everyone, so I just did my transmission yesterday. new clutch, pressure plate, and new flywheel, and changed out the tranny as well (old one was done). so here's the problem. when the car is off, it goes into 2,4,and reverse no prob, but not 1 and 3. when the car is turned on, doesnt go in any gear, and grinds tryin to put in to reverse? we were thinking slave or master? does anyone else have any idea? thanks ahead of time.

I just replaced my slave last week. The fact that you are not able to put it into 1st and 3rd when the car is off makes me think you have more than one issue though.

What year is your car and what kind of transmission do you have? You can make adjustments at both the clutch pedal and slave cylinder depending on what you have...I believe 70 - 72 has an adjustable slave cylinder rod.

Just get under you car and check out the condition of your slave. If it is wet, then you need to replace and bleed your system. Have a helper pump the clutch pedal and watch how much travel you are getting with the slave/withdrawal lever. Should be about an inch or so.