HybridZ

Whats the name of this??

Guest Zpeed

Picture

by_sunspot.jpg

see the front air damn, what is that one called in the body world, i really want to get this, but when i am calling to get it, i don't have the name to say what type it is,

i want to get this before i get it painted

also the rear spoiler BRE type,

getting a new blue paint job in april next year, for AU$600-800, good quality, all rust removed, all panels aligned... will be good

Go here, http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z.html

they have lots of names and different air dams.

There is also a company in nz called aerotech that does a similar Airdam. The local racer use there one and it looks alright. They were asking $300 nzd for it. Around $240 aud + shiping. They have e-mail, but are not very good at answering it. They do however answer the phone. Let me know if I can be any help.

Douglas

i'd love to be able to get that spare one off ya, but i'm in melbourne, australia and the shipping price and trouble may not be worth it, how much would you give it away for? just food for thought

It has been previously painted once so it will have to be prepped and when I took it off it was not torn anywhere. When you install these things they should be set in the sun to preheat since when they have been sitting off of a car the twist out of shape. All I did was lay mine in the sun for a while and when it was warm enough I installed it and it has been ok for the 3 years it has been on now. icon_confused.gif

It is a polyurethane airdam made by Xenon. MSA is a reseller for them. They have the ability to bend if you touch a curb (good), but they also can deform at higher speeds too (bad). The one I had on my 260 was old and eventually deformed at the center attachment point. All things being equal, though, I like their looks and would buy a new one. Just food for thought.

Davy