HybridZ

S130 Diff Mount advice needed

69sroadster

After searching and then reading through other posts about the "older" generation of Z's...I could not find good advice about how to improve the differential mount for a 1979 280zx. I just had my internals replaced with a KAAZ LSD Super Q (coated clutch plates) and the tech told me that the stock rear diff mount was separating. I can get a stock new one from Motorsport Z, but how long will it last again when I do SCCA solo and is there anything that I can do to make it a stronger mount overall? Am I wrong that most of the urethane mounts are for the 240Z? The Z makes about 240 hp at the wheels and 260 lb torque. All of the suspension has been rebuilt and used urethane and I was told that the drivetrain is in great shape. I have no clunks and no crazy vibrations so I'm not complaining, just looking to see if I can do any better than just another rubber mount. Thanks in advance and for all of the other shared experiences so far. I love my Z all over again and can't wait to see some others running at an SCCA course near me (AR).

• 2 weeks later...