HybridZ

75 bumpers and parts

I just pulled my front and rear bumpers. they are both in decent shape, but the moldings have some cracks and one of the front ends is broken.

I am not going to be replacing them. Are the rubber parts repairable and someone might want them? Are the bumpers in demand at all? I don't want to store stuff that is just junk...

I have not removed the bumper shocks yet. I was wondering if anyone has ever custom made bumpers that mount right to those? I thought if taking my stock bumper to a metal shop to see if they could using the stock mounts make something that mocks the 240 bumpers or something similar.

I just pulled my front and rear bumpers. they are both in decent shape, but the moldings have some cracks and one of the front ends is broken.

I am not going to be replacing them. Are the rubber parts repairable and someone might want them? Are the bumpers in demand at all? I don't want to store stuff that is just junk...

I have not removed the bumper shocks yet. I was wondering if anyone has ever custom made bumpers that mount right to those? I thought if taking my stock bumper to a metal shop to see if they could using the stock mounts make something that mocks the 240 bumpers or something similar.

The swap has been covered before. Datsun Spirit (page no longer loads) sold brackets that made 240z bumpers a bolt on, both front and rear. The page is not loading any more, though.

As far as the parts, if you have the space to store them, why not. No point in throwing away good parts. I was actually able to sell the rubber end units of the rear bumper to a college kid that got rear ended. I ended up throwing away the actual bumper part, but it had rust holes.

Yeah I have been looking for some brackets with no luck. Even the bumpers are a little pricey, so for now just going to rock the no bumper look...

I guess it is time to start the random Datsun part pile in my garage loft...

Edited by cruceno21

If you want to convert to 240Z bumpers, this guy has something for you! Seller was very good w/emails. NOT MINE:

ebay link

Thats so weird how they stamp the left and right ones backwards from what is really the left and right side of a car.

I can't imagine it would take much of a hit to bend that 1/8" aluminum and push the 240 bunper right into your fenders. There is a reason bumper brackets are steel usually. maybe buy 2 sets and double them up lol

I got a 75' im gonna trim my bumpers about 1 1/2 flush up to the mount point, drill the shock decompress the shock.. weld inner shock shaft to outer, giving a flush look n not so bulky but still being a bumper....It only takes a lil cutting & ingenuity boys... Besides everyone swaps to 240 bumpers.. I've yet to see it, i will post pics of mine when i get to it... My 2jz swap is 1st in line! If anyone has any pics of this mod please post!