HybridZ

Help with Fuel Hose at Tank outlet please

Hi,

I sprung a leak that won't go away and need some ideas please.

I have a 280Z modified except the stock gas tank. The outlet barb on the gas tank is about 5/8 OD and it goes to Russell Pro Classic 8-AN hose clamped to the nipple on the tank side, then to the proper Russell hose end fitting to my external fuel filter and Walbro pump.

Problem is the fuel keeps leaking from the nipple after about 8 months of reliable operation and no matter how many times I add new hose, it still leaks! I realize that the Pro Classic is not meant to be clamped over a hose barb, but it is the only way to transition from the old tank to the new fittings????

any ideas/advice?? Fuel Cell at this point is not feasible....trying to get the Z to ZdayZ on Wednesday or Thursday!

-Dana

Try a piece of pushlock hose and a -8 pushlock hose end instead of the braided stuff. It's designed to seal over the barbs on the hose ends so it has a strong outer sleeve and a soft inner that will seal much better than what you have with a regular worm style clamp on the outside.