HybridZ

Floor Pan Plans

Guest Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

Hey guys, Need some input. I am going to replace my floor pans this winter. Along with upgrading to the 2x3" subframe conn. Should I get the floor pans that Motorsport sells. Or would I be better off fabbing with sheets? Cuz' I guess I would be cutting the pans up anyway....

There's bound to be some sort of sheet metal fab shop in your area, if not, try a commercial roofing company - those guys usually have sheetmetal and forming tools. I had a local place cut and fold me up some pieces of 14 ga for my floors and rails (and some assorted other stuff) for very little dough. Easily a tenth of the cost of MSA or any other pre-fab floors.

IMO, unless you are going to be either re-enforcing it or folding in some structural deformations (like the original floors had), I would recommend something thicker, like 14ga steel sheet. 18ga is still probably better than the stock stuff (which seems amazingly thin to me - 20-22ga?).

Guest Anonymous

yes i also bought those pans they look great, i need help installing them, because rust was infected into the transmission tunnel. i have pics.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/chase240z/lst?.dir=/240Z&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/chase240z/lst%3f.dir=/240Z%26.src=ph%26.view=t i dunno how to fill in the rest of the rusted spots, i guess i'll cut out similar forms to fit and then weld.