HybridZ

Transmission question

I have access to a BW49 that came out of a 95 camaro 3.8L. As far as I can tell its the only 5 speed for 95. Is that usable on a 94 lt1 with out mods? Or would I have to get a different bell housing?

I did a search and nothing came up for the BW49.

I have access to a BW49 that came out of a 95 camaro 3.8L. As far as I can tell its the only 5 speed for 95. Is that usable on a 94 lt1 with out mods? Or would I have to get a different bell housing?

I did a search and nothing came up for the BW49.

I am pretty sure that the V8 and V6 use different bell housings.

Goth-man,

Have you gotten your hands on the JTR V8 swap manual? They lay out exactly what range of transmissions are direct bolt on applications, and even a few transmissions that aren't direct bolt on, but that you can modify yourself to make fit.

• 3 months later...

Hey Goth, what color is your speedo drive gear? I remember you saying that you had both a mechanical and electronic connection on the transmission, so you didn't have to swap gears, but I'm curious if you looked inside. I have the same year WC T-5 but it only had the electronic hookup.

Interesting. Mine has the VSS sensor in the tail housing where the drive gear is, which I guess can be swapped out for a bullet-style driven gear housing.

In case you hadn't found these yet, I used this:

http://robrobinette.com/tire_diameter.htm

and this:

http://www.bgsoflex.com/speedo1.html

to make the calculation on what driven gear to get.

I'm thinking it's not going to be an exact science, especially depending on specific tire sizes, but should be able to get it pretty close, and for cheap as long as you don't have to swap out the drive gear.