HybridZ

Fairlady Z emblems and other rambling LONG

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I just got my Fairlady Z emblems from Too Intense Restoration. I got them off Ebay for $42 each. I think they will look great on my 240Z with its ZG flares. They are brand new in a Nissan box. I think this price is fair, I think they are more than that from Courtesy Nissan. They have other hard to find emblems and resto parts for some one looking for that restomod look like I am. My Wangon Midnite clone is coming together, or at least the parts are icon_rolleyes.gif .

I haven't talked much about my plans on the forum(only shooting ideas by Mikelly). I am going to build a Wangon Midnite clone. First, some history about my project. I first got this car from Mikelly as a rolling shell, with plans to build a 250GTO replica. Things have not gone as I had planned this year. I picked up a great little Zcar, that I call the GhettoRacer. It has MUCH rust, but runs like hell. I drive it everyday. A month or so ago, I backed into a pole in a dark ally(the reverse lights don't work). And, since then, I have decided to use it as a parts car for the rolling chassis car. I will be using the ZG flares, and some glass from it. I picked up Mikelly's 'glass nose, and some doors from another guy locally. I picked up the Cadillac Northstar back when I still planned to do the GTO replica. Well, this car body is very straight, and has some rust. I have started building a new front frame including a set of frame connectors that are totally welded to the front half and heavily re-inforced. The car already had a rollcage in it, as it was being setup for an ITS class(but never raced). I am tieing the rollcage into the frame connectors and adding additional supports in critical areas. The front end will be fabricated like Ron Jones car is, with roll cage tubing extending to the very front of the chassis. It will be like most Pro style drag cars you will see, only with some additional tiangulation for better rigidity on the street. It will utilize the original suspension geometry, and components(with the exception of the brakes, coilovers, and adjustable control arms Mikelly is offering). I am adding a R200/3.90 welded rear and CV's from a parts car I recently got, as well as competition disc brakes, and adjustable control arms. The interior will be upgraded also, mostly in gauges and seats, otherwise the interior will remain factory appearing(except for the rollcage of course) when all frame work is done, I will move to the body. As said earlier, I have a MAS 'glass front clip that needs much finishing to be something other than a Drag Car only piece. It will be re-inforced and attached to the car with dzus fasteners for quick removal. The hood will be removable for even quicker, miner work to the engine. As for wheels, I have a set of Steeda Pentars in 17"x9" size that are Mustang offset, I will redrill them for the Datsun pattern. They have Nitto drag radials in 275/40/17 size on the back and the same size Goodyear GSC's on the front. Well, now comes time for the engine, since I am a metal man, professionally, I can pretty much do anything I want. I was thinking about the Northstar, but I think I need more power than I can afford to make with this engine. So, it sits on its pallet in the garage. Next came the idea of pulling the engine from my Z28 when we get a new Tahoe. The wife isn't liking that idea too much and thinks we need the money for a better down payment on the Tahoe. I surely can't argue that point, as those things are pricey. But, when given the fact that I WILL eventually need to spend the money on an engine, whether I buy or build one, it does make sense to pull the engine in the Z28 for the Zcar. And now a new twist. My brother who WAS going to build a Cobra replica, has now lost interest due to the fact that he has a new little one on the way and the idea of a 2 seater does not appeal to him anymore. He has a Ford 351W that I was building for my Mustang before I decided to go Zcar-ing. It is a very radical engine that dyno'ed close to 600hp with no NOS. He wisely traded the C4 automatic trans for a Tremec 5 spd, when he decided to sell his 'stang and build a Cobra. So, with a 550hp 351w(I will de-tune for the street for traction sake), and a durable 5spd, It is sounding like a good plan, especailly since I am the engine builder and know it inside out. Given the cars very light weight(the whole nose weighs as much as the stock hood) and that horsepower(plus its NOS Proshot fogger), I am hoping to put a hurting on pretty much any car I would come across. My brother mustang had gone as fast as 9.80's with a conservative NOS shot. If I ever get the balls to put the Z on a slick, It may be the fastest street car in my town. Sorry for the long post, But I am very excited about next few months and had to share it with someone(Everyone).

damnnnn.... get working and spending some cash.. that thing will be crayyyzzz

its good that u think over ur plan for a bit, so u know what u are looking at at a whole spectuem and are not asking to much of urself, or the purpose of the car..

it sounds FREAKEN GREAT/.. can't wait to see it done. by the time ur done i'll be starting.. hehe

Guest JAMIE T

No Davy, I don't have anything against Fords. I am getting that engine/trans from my brother.

Zspeed, I have spent much cashola already, and a bunch of trading. I have everything to put the exterior together, and will be getting that frame I made under the car in the next month or so. Its darn cold here in VA, and the garage only has a torpedo heater to keep warm. Its hard to get motivated when your shivering. Plus, I need to get this parts car out of the garage. I'm also looking for a 4x4 to drive so I can take the Ghettoracer off the road for a parts car as well.

Guest Anonymous

dag on i think there should be a z gathring in virgina i mean theres me mike less when he isent in ga and now you wich i have heard a lot about through less ... of corse where all headed in the opset direction besides the fact we all have z`s.. but i think it would be intresting... any ways just a idea..