HybridZ

Z31 Digital Dash

Guest skimattybee

Guest skimattybee

Ive got a 1985 300zx with a digital dash ,It will come on sometimes if i hit the dash, but today i couldnt get it to come on at all. Is there any quick trick to get it to come on? i have searched the forums but no results, thanks for any help.

Brad

Guest skimattybee

check zbum site on how to resolder the power supplly wires. That is the usual problem.

thanks, i looked pn zbum and the page is under construction, my luck! so now my question is, do i have to pull the dash in order to get the instrument cluster out to repair?

look at his site on dashboard removal. there is a picture of taking out the power supply as part of dash removal. one or two bolts comes out pretty easy. do a google search there are some other pics around the web on ps repair for z31. Check on xenon might be there. you basically just have to resolder the wires to the board. That seems to be the most often reported problem.

Guest skimattybee

look at his site on dashboard removal. there is a picture of taking out the power supply as part of dash removal. one or two bolts comes out pretty easy. do a google search there are some other pics around the web on ps repair for z31. Check on xenon might be there. you basically just have to resolder the wires to the board. That seems to be the most often reported problem.

i will do that, thats for the help !

i will do that, thats for the help !

You don't have to remove the dash. The power supply... the part you have to fix is located right at the drivers knees. Remove the panel with four screws and its located to the right.

The write up is on Xenonz31.com under common issues.