HybridZ

T-45 GM Input Shaft

Keisler has them, with the popularity of the LS platform and many of us wanting 425lbft torque capacity but none of the weight and especially the cost of a T-56, this trans will fit the bill perfectly.

1st gear may be too deep, somebody please chime in on the ratios by all means.

My main question is this, where is keisler getting these things and why don't I have one now!!

Thanks in advance guys

I posted this in the LSx specific part of the forum and thought it deserved a thread in here also...

Keisler has been taking reman T-45's and swapping in a GM length/spline input shafts... Does anyone know where, other than Keisler, that

we can score these?

With the hardened input shafts that are 26 spline they have an advertised torque capacity of 425 lbft. This would do my little high winding

V8 perfectly without the added weight and costs of the pricey T-56 not to mention perhaps a more desirable set of ratios.

Thanks in advance guys

Is this what you're talking about? HOLY WOW, that is a deep 1st gear. 3.37 compared to the t-56's 2.66 !!! :blink: Talk about a tire cooker.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/english/products/t-45.asp

How much does one of those bad boys run? Also, how hard are they to get a hold of? I'm stuck on putting a T-56 in my car, I'm just curious.

Also, there's a full list of all the ratios offered in that tranny, on the link at the bottom.

Is this what you're talking about? HOLY WOW, that is a deep 1st gear. 3.37 compared to the t-56's 2.66 !!! :blink: Talk about a tire cooker.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/english/products/t-45.asp

How much does one of those bad boys run? Also, how hard are they to get a hold of? I'm stuck on putting a T-56 in my car, I'm just curious.

Also, there's a full list of all the ratios offered in that tranny, on the link at the bottom.

Well they were put in every mustang 5 spd from 99 on in the new edge cars so there are plenty of used one's running around.

Just got off the phone with Keisler and they will not sale the input shaft separately but they were more than happy to sale

me one of their transmissions for 1300+shipping...

Who ever figures this one out wins 1000 internets from me B)

Also, it appears I may be mistaken on which years the T-45 was in the mustang because running down cores it seems that they ran until 2002

Edited by joker120

Another potential road block...

The T-45 is showing an integrated bellhousing for the modular ford, it appears that Keisler has over come this with a new front plate.

I'm open to ideas here and I'm sourcing cores to take apart so all info is appreciated fellas.