HybridZ

Showcar Finish????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hello,

i am about to paint my car and i need some advice. i was just wondering how you guys out there get that showcar finish where it looks like glass when you look down the side. does it depend on the # of color coats or the # of clear coats? or is do you just spray on a lot of clear and block it down flat?

thanks

lloyd

Guest Anonymous

thanks a lot for the information racerx. this is actually my first time painting, actually my second but the first time my teacher sprayed it and i did all the preping work. the car came out like a stock car but that wasn't what i was look for. now that i am doing my car i want that show car finish. hey just wondering where are you located? maybe you can come and assist me when i am painting my 240z :D

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like RacerX is quite good at it. There are no shortcuts to good paint, much prep and then spraying and color sanding has to happen, thats why people flip out when they see how much a GOOD paint job cost. MUCH MUCH MUCH labor takes place. On show bikes, its not uncommon to see three or four different primers before a color coat even is sprayed, some of these bikes paint are several thousand dollars worth and thats just a pair of tanks and fender. :eek:

Recently my Brother and I did some paint on a Honda bike (guy tryed unsuccessfully to do a stoppie) and used a one stage S.Willams red paint, I was impressed for a paint not having a clear coat on it, very shiny and very hard (catalized), for a garage job, I'd have no problems using it.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

RacerX,

I'll be leaving Az next Sat. However... I live in Sacto. so we're pretty close, I'll have to get down and see you there, I owe a visit to DavyZ and probably others down in the bay, if nothing else see you in one of the scheduled upcoming meets down in that area! I'd love to see the tank you've done.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Hahaha... Yeah I guess loneinsacto would be testicularly challenged huh (don't ya love things that are PC... haha)? :D Nah, once I'm back I go by Lonehdrider (lone Harley Davidson Rider) although I'll be selling my bike and probably change it to just Lone (as in Lone nut behind the wheel).. smile.gif Could be worse, instead of Lone in W. Sac, it could have been Lone in N.Sac... (yes my friends have called North Sacramento: Nut Sac...)

Ahhh, back home to the fog and rain, gotta love it, after all its only about 80 here today in Tempe... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Lone