HybridZ

Quick Crank Angle Sensor question!

Ok so i have a 83 280zx turbo, and i was wondering if the crank angle sensor being wrongly adjusted or faulty would cause my car to run rich.. Also i lose all power and start studdering at around 2500rpms. I have checked many other things and noticed my CAS looks a little beat up so im wondering if this could be my problem.

Thanks in advance everybody!

It is very possible. If your CAS is retarding your timing, then it will run rich. But what other sensors have you checked? Your CHTS can also cause fueling problems, and that has been a more common problem than the CAS. And you are taking about the sensor inside of the distributor, correct?

How does your turbo feel? Does it spin feely? A seized turbo could choke your engine out.

It is very possible. If your CAS is retarding your timing, then it will run rich. But what other sensors have you checked? Your CHTS can also cause fueling problems, and that has been a more common problem than the CAS. And you are taking about the sensor inside of the distributor, correct? How does your turbo feel? Does it spin feely? A seized turbo could choke your engine out.
i have replaced the chts and cleaned the connection to it. i also replaced the o2 sensor. i cleaned all of the connections as well for the efi system. i was just looking at my cas and noticed part of the sensor that holds the adjustment screw in place is broken and i am assuming its not adjusted correctly because of this